Thursday, May 20, 2010

back again

HELLO! It has been almost a year since I have been onine. What a blessing to be reconnected! So much has occurred that I will just lightly sum up. Better just to start back up and keep moving foreward.


The winter has been lovely but long here in the mountains of New Mexico. We have had tastes of spring with a handful of beautiful days, followed by snow and more snow! This week has been varying degrees of warm and cold. I bought some seeds in anticipation of starting someting. I bought a small rosemary bush becuase it smelled so alive.


We turnrd the soil in one of the garden beds between snow days this week (it never stays on the ground for long), so spring is creepng in albeit slowly to the garden but rapidly in my mind and in my heart. Anticiption is grand. In the days ahead I plan on spring cleaning inside, so on the nice days I have nothing to hold me back from going outside!


Of coarse the kids keep getting bigger. Zaelyn the oldest is now 11, Gabriel and Gavin both had birthdays in February now 7 and 3, and my baby Zari is now 2 as of this April. So much growth and development!




On the sad note, we lost 2 pets this winter, our darling Sugar was hit by a car in January and although we are still missing her terribly, her spirit lives on in her 2 puppies Sirius Buddah and Coco Nibs, whom she left behind. They are nearing 6 months old and a great source of joy.

Blackie, our young catolecent, failed to come in one evening, the next moirning I spotted a bobcat in our yard close to the house, so I assume he was an unfortunate victim of the mountain wildlife. Another downfall to loosing Sugar is that she was our great guardian, and since she left, a pack of coyotes had made our yard part of their nightly rounds. It has been 5 months, and I am still trying to get used to the unearthly yipping and howling as they come up into the orchard. Never a dull moment! Sometimes I go outside and stand in the dark by the back door willing myself to remain calm as their cries echo in the cold night, trying to reconcile my irrational fears and trying to embrace them as my neighbors in nature. I will let you know if and when I succeed. I miss my sugar.

With the kids and pets growing fast, my own world feels pressure to keep up. This whole long winter I have been wanting to put my studio together, it has been a chaos of boxes and bins since we moved in here, for various reasons. But now with spring fever on my heels I have been working hard to get it up and running. The economy has been hard on us, and I feel the deep spiritual need to create, and release some of the winters darkness and the spring hopefulness.

The studio is in a small adobe casita a stones throw from the main house. I have always wanted a place to create away from the house, away from the daily grind, some place I can walk into that is totally mine, with projects able to be left out until completion with out taking up the kitchen table, or worrying a cat/kid/dog will come in and walk, paw,trample or color on... I am excited that it is almost done. I have so many creative projects swirling around in my head, waiting to get out...

Well that is enough of an update for now. Look for pics of the studio later in the week.
Peace and love, Chella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers